Graduate Research Seminar
The Anthropology Graduate Research Seminar takes place on Fridays, 2:30-3:45pm in SSC 2257
This seminar is organized by the Department of Anthropology. All graduate students present their research results in the seminar during the second half of their programs. Time permitting, faculty members and guest speakers may also present papers on their ongoing research in anthropology. This required course does not count for credit but appears as an audit on transcripts.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
- Be familiar with the current research of colleagues and faculty members.
- Appreciate the different ways in which anthropology is defined.
- Have been introduced to new theoretical perspectives and approaches that might be useful in their own research.
- Recognize what makes for an engaging and effective public presentation.
- Know how to effectively communicate with colleagues across sub-disciplinary boundaries.
2018-19 Schedule coming soon
|Date||What's On?||Who Should Attend?|