All faculty, staff and students should familiarize themselves with the locations of First Aid Kits and Fire Exits in the department, indicated on the map below. Remember, in the event of an emergency, you should dial 911 from the nearest department telephone, and not your cell phone. A detailed Safety Orientation Handbook can be found HERE
Location of Emergency Equipment, Personnel and Exits:
- FIRST AID KITS – ROOM 3326 (Anthropology Main Office), 3418, 3430 and 3435
- FIRST AID REPRESENTATIVES – Dr. Lisa Hodgetts and Ed Eastaugh are certified
- SPILL KIT – ELEVATOR FOYER OPPOSITE ROOM 3318
- EYE WASH STATION – ROOM 3435A (AT SINK)
- SAFETY DELUGE SHOWER – ROOM 3435A and 3430
- FIRE ALARM – ELEVATOR FOYER OPPOSITE ROOM 3318
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER – in ROOM 3435A, 3430, outside of ROOM 3438 and 3318
- NEAREST EXIT – make sure that you know your nearest EXIT, in case of fire DO
NOT use the elevator!
If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to contact the safety committee:
Dr. Lisa Hodgetts: firstname.lastname@example.org, Room 3427, Ext. 80105
Ed Eastaugh: email@example.com, Room 3435, Ext. 85006
Anna Jung: firstname.lastname@example.org, Room 3418, Ext. 85072
Remember, all faculty and staff, including graduate students, must complete their Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System Training . You must also be re-certified every three years. Follow the link above for more information.
Workwell Health and Safety Audit
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) has informed the University that the WorkWell Audit has now been scheduled for January 29 and 30 and February 1 and 2, 2007.
Workplace Health and Safety Resources